Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 14

Herm! When you write me things like that it makes me so happy! I am so
glad you are having so much fun with mow crew AND fab five AND Provo
friends. You are so popular! I love Kings Speech.
Yes, you can put swear words on my blog. Unless you think something is
terribly inappropriate, I am ok with you putting anything I say on the
blog.  Unless I have told you to leave something out, I've generally
thought it through and decided it's ok for the world to see. That's
why I edited it with an asterisk.
Yesterday was a pretty chill day. After 3 days of not working, the
weekend gets less exciting. We mostly just made plans for the safaris
we want to go on and then went in to town to buy water and food and
stuff to get us through the week. We went to the Saturday market again
and i bought a giant beautiful avacado and an equally beautiful giant
tomato. I cut them up and put them on a roll and had the most
delicious vegetarian sandwich of my life (ok, that's a lie. It really
needed come provalone and  ranch dressing. But I have come to find
that the deliciousness of something really depends on whether you are
in a foreign country and your other option is goat meat).
The bad news yesterday is that when I tried to get more money from the
ATM, the freaking machine took my card! Ooooooh, I was mad. And
scared. That seems to me like a great way for someone to orchestrate
identity fraud. The machine said "Card held due to reader error." What
the heck does that mean? The guard said that my card was safe and that
I could pick it up from the bank Monday morning. Apparently this has
happened to Tyler before, but it was when the bank was open so it
wasn't as big of a deal. But I tried to remain calm and called daddy
and mum and asked them to moniter my account until I could get my card
back. Hopefully nothing is wrong, but SIGH.
Sorry this one is so boring. Hopefully my blog doesn't lose followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment