Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 15

Thank you to mum and Natalie and Niccole for emails! All of them made
me very happy. Cole, your calling is going to be awesome. I think that
asking for Monday off is a fine idea. And if he wont give it to you,
take it off anyway. Your group sounds amazing.
Yesterday we had church and you will never guess what the bishop asked
me to do. Hint: I've done it 5 times already. That's right. I was
asked to lead the choir. It's not an official calling because my
records aren't in the ward or anything, but after sacrament meeting
the bishop came up to us and asked if any of us lead music. I said
that I do, and he said that the ward choir is really enthusiastic and
wants to learn new songs, but none of them know how. I guess they have
been relying on any missionary who gets transferred there and has
talent. I told him I would absolutely love to help them out. I figure
that it is my destiny. Until I learn to consistantly attend ward
choir, I will be called as the director. Going to another continent
will not change that. I'm not really sure when we'll start or
anythign. The  bishop said that we would talk later.
Yesterday after church (and after talking on the phone to my family,
YAY!) we went to Ben's house. Ben is a guy who works at the inn. His
story is pretty incredible. His parents died when he was ten and his
older brother had to take care of him and his younger sister. then his
older brother got married and had 5 kids. Then, about 5 years ago, his
older brother died unexpectedly in an accident. Everyone told him that
it was time for him to stand up and be a man. He was 15 years old and
he was suddenly responsible for the well being of his brother's wife
and all of the children. He would like to go to college and study
journalism, but it has been really hard for him to find time to go
when he has to work so much to provide for the kids and then take care
of them when he's not working. I can't even imagine being that
selfless. We hung out with the kids for awhile and taught them down by
the banks and "Friday" by Rebecca Black. They got really good at
saying "YEAH!" when I sang "Partyin partyin!"
Back to work today! Hopefully we actually get to work. If they send us
home again my mind just might explode.
Love you all!
Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment